You have a flex account if you:
- Are offering your employees both a health spending account and a lifestyle spending account. If employees get to choose how to allocate their total benefit dollars between the two options (and possible others) at the beginning of each new year.
(For example: a full-time employee is choosing how to split their $500 between a health spending account and a lifestyle spending account).
Here is how you add a new employee to a flex account:
1. Go to www.healthclaim.ca, login to your account and go to 'Plan Administration Menu.' Then click on 'Edit/Enter Employee Information'
2. Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and click on 'Add Employee'
3. Enter in the employee's name and email address.
Note: This is an important step. The names on the employee's receipts must match the names on the system for claims to get approved. You are encouraged to enter in alternative nicknames in brackets for your employees when necessary.
This email address will be used to communicate with the employee about their account.
4. Enter in the employee's date of birth. You are also able to add their address and phone number, although this is not required as employees are prompted to enter it in when they first login.
5. Enter in the employee's hire date
Note: This is important in figuring out the benefit start date and limit for the employee.
If you have a waiting period and/or pro-rating enabled, then this date will be used to determine when the employee's benefits start and the limit they will get until the benefits reset at year-end.
However, if you leave this section blank (with no hire date) BOTH the waiting period and pro-rating will will waived. This will give your employee access to the benefits right away and a full yearly limit. Click here to learn more about this.
6. Place your employee in the DEFAULT 0/0/0 category using the dropdown menu.
Click Save to finalize.
7. Now go to flex.healthclaim.ca and login with your credentials.
Please note: Your login information from our main system www.healthclaim.ca does not automatically transfer over. If this is the first time you are logging into our flex system, click the blue link at the bottom and set-up your plan administrator login for flex.
8. Once you login, you will see the options shown below. Click on 'Add Employee'
9. Fill out the employee form.
Important: Make sure you enter in the grand total credits that the employee is being offered per year, in the space provided. Do no worry about pro-rating the total limit or about a new hire waiting period. Our system will automatically pro-rate and adjust the total benefit limit as needed.
Enter in a deadline for the employee to make their selection. If the employee does not make their selection before this deadline, they are given the default split.
Click 'Send Selection Email' and that's it!
Your new employee has been added to our main system and you have sent them a selection email, asking them to decide how they want to allocate their new benefit dollars.
Other things to remember:
- Don't forget to enter your employee's dependent information into the system if the benefit extends to them. Click here for instructions on that.